Friday 29 January 2010

So. It’s been quite a while…

Since I posted anything to this blog, mainly because there’s been little to say. Entanglement is with three agents, the full ms went to the one who asked for it back in September 2009;  I’ve rather given up on ever hearing from him. The submission went to another two in early December and I’m still waiting. The long, familiar grind has begun.

I dithered mightily over a new project, did a lot of work on a sequel to Entanglement before deciding I really needed a break from those characters for a while.

So, New Year, new novel.

A fresh start for this moribund blog, too, the diary of a novel called Shed; its genesis,  evolution, the workaday nonsense and everyday breakdowns that'll no doubt ensue over the course of the year -

Which is how long I’m giving myself to complete it – the same time it took me to write Entanglement: 365 days, a year’s journey. I’m not going to promise to write here everyday or anything like it, but I will post whenever there something to say which I hope will be often but – maybe not. We shall see and time will tell and other duck-billed platitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment