Thursday 3 December 2009

So. Synopsis.

It's finally written (FX: shrill scream of terror). Tell a 150,000 word novel on one page. I almost managed it, too, finally gave up at 850 words, one and a half pages, I reckon that's as near as I'm going to get. All over bar the shouting now (see FX above) as a brace of fresh submissions are already wading their way through the Christmas post to agents.

I haven't given up on my first submission but it's been an awfully long wait now and I feel the need to start hedging my bets.

In other news, I was just heading off to the P.O. to post said set of shiny new subs off when I saw our pale cream curtains were COVERED in oily black stripes. It seems my Significant O. filled the coal bucket this morning then decided to draw the curtains without bothering to wash his hands.

So I took them down, in fairly evil mood it has to be said, stropped off to wash them, opened the washing machine and gallons of smelly black water cascaded out like bleedin' Niagara Falls.

It got rid of Basement the neighbour's cat anyway, resting his bones by the Rayburn he was, when the water descended. Gosh he can move when he needs to. ::smiles sweetly::

We've just been mopping up, that took a while. ::she sighed with saintly patience::. Rassillon knows what's happened or whether it's damaged the bloody machine - there's always been a problem with the drains here, so now we have the plumbers to deal with on top of the coalman and I can't wash the curtains and my day has descended into its accustomed chaos and it's all a bit of a mess, really.

So, how's your day been so far my darling, delicious love-kittens? ::smiles the calm smile of heavy medication::

No comments:

Post a Comment